Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Click the links below to browse Lipscomb's sustainability ebook collections.
Beaman Library has access to 240,000+ academic eBooks that can be found by visiting our EBSCO Academic eBook Collection, or by searching for a title or subject in Bison Search. You can either read the eBook online using the internet browser on your device, or download the eBook offline to your computer.
"Checkout" period for downloaded eBooks is 112 days.
You can also print up to 60 pages of most of our eBooks using these Printing Instructions.
In order to download an eBook, you must have registered for an EBSCOhost account while you are on Lipscomb's Campus. The easiest way to do this is to visit EBSCO Academic eBook Collection, search for an eBook, and attempt to download the eBook to your computer. You will be prompted to create an account before you are able to successfully download an eBook. We recommend using your myLipscomb credentials for your account.
If you are not able to set up an account on Lipscomb's Campus, please contact the Reference Desk at 615-966-6037.
How to Download eBooks:
- Make sure you have Adobe Digital Editions installed on your computer or device.
After you download and install Adobe Digital Editions, it will open on your computer. A pop-up box should appear asking you to authorize your computer. At the bottom of the box, there is a check-box for authorising your computer without an Adobe account. CHECK this box!
- Make sure you have registered for an EBSCOhost account while on campus.
- Find the eBook you wish to view.
- Click on the “Full Download” link either on your search results page or within the record for the eBook.
- Choose the number of days you would like to “checkout” the eBook (limit 112 days).
- Choose your download format.
(Note: PDF files are recommended for eBooks you wish to access on your computer, and EPUB files are recommended for eBooks you wish to access on your phone or tablet devices.)
- Click “Full Download.”
- The eBook is now downloaded to your device.
- You do not need to “return” an eBook. You will automatically lose access to the downloaded material when the checkout period ends.
You are able to view eBooks using your internet browser without downloading them. It is recommended you save the eBook you're reading to your EBSCO folder so it is easily accessible and you don't have to search for it every time you wish to view it.
How to Access an eBook Online:
- Find the eBook you wish to view.
- At the top of the page, you will see a "Login" button if you are on campus or a "Hello, Guest. Login for Full Access" button if you are off campus. Use either of these links to login and be authenticated as a Lipscomb user.
- Click into the record for the eBook.
- On the right-hand side, click "Add to Folder."
- The eBook is now saved in your account Folder under the eBooks tab. It will remain there until you manually delete it. You can come back to your folder to access the eBook.
- To view the eBook, simply select the "PDF Full Text" link.
If you have problems downloading ebooks, check the following things:
- Do you have an EBSCOhost account you created on campus?
If not, you must create one on campus. If you are off campus, please call the reference desk at 615-966-6037 for help.
- Do you have Adobe Digital Editions installed on your computer?
If not, you must download this program in order to view eBooks offline. Go here to download it.
What if you have an EBSCOhost account and Adobe Digital Editions, but you are still having problems downloading eBooks? You try to download an eBook and you get an error message that the file extension is wrong.
- Go to your downloads on your computer. For PC users, you can click on the folder icon on your task bar at the bottom of your computer screen. Sort the order by date. Look for a file that says URLlink.
- Right click on the file and select the Open with option. A pop-up box should open with recommended programs to open the eBook file.
- If Adobe Digital Editions is not listed, then you need to add it by clicking the browse button at the bottom of the screen.
- A new pop-box will open. Look for a folder named Adobe and double click it.
- Then double click the folder Adobe Digital Editions.
- Look for a file named DigitalEditions. Select this file and click the open button.
Another option is to open your downloads on your computer and drag and drop the URLlink file into the Adobe Digital Editions shortcut on your desktop.
Additional Help for MAC Users
Some Mac users encounter problems viewing and/or downloading our eBooks.
If after trying both options, you still cannot access eBooks, please call the reference desk at 615-966-5763 for further assistance.