Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Three centers teach so you can learn effective writing in APA Style:
- LEARN: Learn to write with grace and precision. Consult quick guides, tutorials, self-quizzes, sample papers, sample references, sample tables, and sample figures to master the art of scholarly writing.
- REFERENCE: Manage your reference library and add new references. Create your own APA Style references with forms in the reference generator.
- WRITE: Select one of our paper templates to begin writing. Use integrated research tools to plan your work. Enjoy the ease of comprehensive paper formatting and checking for common APA Style errors.
Create Your Account
In order to save your sources and papers, you will need to create an APA account in Academic Writer.
- Click on Welcome > Log In.
- If you have an APA account, use that account information to log in.
- If you do not have an APA account, Click on "Create an Account" (We recommend using your Lipscomb email address and the same password you use for myLipscomb.)
- Submit the form, click "continue" on the Thank you pop-up.
- Agree to the Terms of Service.
- You are ready to start your paper!
- Please remember that your work will not be saved unless you are logged into your APA account.
If you experience problems logging into Academic Writer or problems with the content not loading, please clear your Internet history and try to log in again.
The APA recommends using Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari with this tool.
If you do not see Lipscomb University on the OpenAthens login screen, be sure to select it from the Find Your Organisation box before you try to log in.