Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Three centers teach so you can learn effective writing in APA Style:
- LEARN: Learn to write with grace and precision. Consult quick guides, tutorials, self-quizzes, sample papers, sample references, sample tables, and sample figures to master the art of scholarly writing.
- REFERENCE: Manage your reference library and add new references. Create your own APA Style references with forms in the reference generator.
- WRITE: Select one of our paper templates to begin writing. Use integrated research tools to plan your work. Enjoy the ease of comprehensive paper formatting and checking for common APA Style errors.
Create Your Account
In order to save your sources and papers, you will need to create an APA account in Academic Writer. Start with this link.
- Click on Welcome > Log In.
- If you have an APA account, use the username and password you set up to log in.
- If you do not have an APA account, Click on "Create an Account."
- Submit the form, click "continue" on the Thank you pop-up.
- Agree to the Terms of Service.
- You are ready to start your paper!
- Please remember that your work will not be saved unless you are logged into your APA account.
The APA recommends using Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari with this tool. If you are using a different browser, trying switching to one of these.
Even though you have set up a personal user account, you need to access Academic Writer from Beaman Library's homepage. If you are attempting to login to your personal user account by going directly to the Academic Writer platform without starting at Beaman Library's homepage, you will not be able to login.
If you experience problems logging into Academic Writer or problems with the content not loading, please clear your cookies, restart your computer, and try to log in again.