Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Troubleshooting eBook Access
If you have problems downloading ebooks, check the following things:
- Do you have an EBSCOhost account you created on campus?
If not, you must create one on campus. If you are off campus, please call the reference desk at 615-966-6037 for help.
- Do you have Adobe Digital Editions installed on your computer?
If not, you must download this program in order to view ebooks offline. Go here to download it.
What if you have an EBSCOhost account and Adobe Digital Editions, but you are still having problems downloading ebooks? You try to download an ebook and you get an error message that the file extension is wrong.
- Go to your downloads on your computer. For PC users, you can click on the folder icon on your task bar at the bottom of your computer screen. Sort the order by date. Look for a file that says URLlink.
- Right click on the file and select the Open with option. A pop-up box should open with recommended programs to open the ebook file.
- If Adobe Digital Editions is not listed, then you need to add it by clicking the browse button at the bottom of the screen.
- A new pop-box will open. Look for a folder named Adobe and double click it.
- Then double click the folder Adobe Digital Editions.
- Look for a file named DigitalEditions. Select this file and click the open button.
Another option is to open your downloads on your computer and drag and drop the URLlink file into the Adobe Digital Editions shortcut on your desktop.
You can browse our ebook collection by clicking here: EBSCO Academic eBook Collection. Or, you can search a topic in the catalog and browse the results.
You can either read the ebook online in your Internet browser or download the ebook offline to your computer.
You can also print up to 60 pages of most of our ebooks. Printing instructions
When you find an ebook you want to checkout, you have to follow these steps:
- Click the Download (Offline) link.
- You will be prompted to log in to My EBSCOhost or create a new account. You MUST create an EBSCOhost account on campus either from a wired computer or your laptop connected to the campus wireless network. You can make the username and password whatever you want. If you are not on campus, please call the reference desk at 615-966-6037 for assistance.
- After you have an account, you will be able to download ebooks by clicking the download offline option.
- You will see a pop-up box that has a checkout & download button. Before you click that button, you will need to download Adobe Digital Editions 1.7.1 or higher to view the ebook offline. Adobe Digital Editions is a free download. The pop-up box has a link to the download.
- After you download and install Adobe Digital Editions, it will open on your computer. A pop-up box should appear asking you to authorize your computer. At the bottom of the box, there is a check-box for authorising your computer without an Adobe account. CHECK this box!
- Now you are ready to download your eboook. Click the download offline link on the ebook page. The ebook will download and automatically open in Adobe Digital Editions.
Help for Mac Users
Some Mac users encounter problems viewing and/or downloading our ebooks.
If after trying both options, you still cannot access ebooks, please call the reference desk at 615-966-5763 for further assistance.